A few tickets remain for next weekend’s Cornwall Twestival Local event, which is being held on Saturday September 12 at the Bedruthan Steps Hotel, Mawgan Porth, near Newquay.
The event, which will raise valuable funds for CHICKS (Country Holidays for Inner City Kids), will feature a top night of entertainment with two live acts, high quality auction items, delicious buffet and welcome drink, not to mention the breathtaking location in north Cornwall.
Guests will be welcomed to the event with the smooth blues and soul inspired sounds of Cornish singer and songwriter, Sophie Stokes, along with a drink courtesy of St Austell Brewery.
The headline act for the evening is Paul McGahan, one of Cornwall’s top male vocalists. Known as the UK’s top Bono soundalike, Paul recently appeared on the Jonathan Ross Show alongside U2. With four albums in the bag and a new album, “REFLEX”, due out in January 2010, Paul and Breakthru will be a fantastic headline act for Cornwall Twestival Local.
Cornwall Twestival Local, which has a beach-chic theme, is one of only 23* UK events planned for that weekend and will get underway from 7:30pm.
One of the organisers, Aren Grimshaw, Marketing Director at Tonick Media, said: “With just a few days to go we’re really looking forward to what should be a fantastic event. Cornwall Twestival Local will raise money for CHICKS (Country Holidays for Inner City Kids), which is a great local charity. All the money raised from the evening will go straight to benefit young people in Cornwall and enable CHICKS to purchase games and equipment for the children’s centre.”
Throughout the evening a series of auction items donated by Cornish businesses will be auctioned off by Pirate FM’s James Martin who will be assisted by the current Miss Cornwall, Charlotte Holmes. Items up for auction include:
- A two-night stay at the Scarlet Hotel, Cornwall’s luxury eco hotel
- Two return flights from Newquay to any of Air Southwest’s nine year-round destinations
- A complete hair and beauty package at Mamouchi & The Great Escape in Truro
- Family Pass to the National Maritime Museum Cornwall in Falmouth, for 2 adults and up to 3 children
- A goody bag and makeover cards from the Body Shop, Truro branch
- A luxurious, cleansing massage treatment in the new Hammam Room at Bedruthan Steps Hotel and free use of the hydro spa
- A zipwire experience for two at Lusty Glaze Adventure Centre
- Family ticket for 2 adults and 2 children to Newquay Zoo
- Vocal Master Class and Make Me a Star Recording Session complete with a professionally finished CD with Vikki St Leger, a professional vocal performance coach
- £300 of advertising in any Cornwall & Devon Media title
On the evening, in return for a small donation to CHICKS, ladies from the Bedruthan Steps Hotel Spa will be offering mini treatments.
A series of Twestival Local events are being held at locations across the globe between the 10th and 13th September. The Twestival concept, which started on the micro-blogging platform, Twitter, aims to connect people offline at the same time as raising money for worthy causes.
A range of local companies have pledged to sponsor Cornwall Twestival Local. Bedruthan Steps Hotel, Business Link, Deborah Clark Associates, Newquay Cornwall Airport, Niddocks Internet Marketing, PFA Research, Radix Communications, Scarlet Hotel, St Austell Brewery Tonick Media, Worldwide Financial Planning and UKNetWeb are all supporting the event. PR4Photos will be the official photographers for the event.
Guests attending the event will also be eligible for discounted accommodation rates at a number of local hotels and holiday parks:
- Bedruthan Steps Hotel – £55 B&B per person per night – based on two sharing a double or twin room
- The Scarlet – £270 B&B per room per night – 2 people to each room
- Sands Hotel – £60 B&B per person per night
- Sun Haven Valley Holiday Park – from £15 per tent pitch (2xpeople) to 4 bed caravan at £211.15 for the night.
For more information, or to buy a ticket priced at £20 per person, visit http://www.amiando.com/twestivalcor.html. To keep up to date make sure you follow Cornwall Twestival Local on Twitter on @TwestivalCor.