Local childcare organisation, Fit ‘N’ Fun Kids, hosted an awards ceremony last weekend to honour the best in quality childcare within the organisation.
Hosted by Unlocking Potential’s Allyson Glover at the St Michael’s hotel in Falmouth, guests celebrated the achievements and commitment of over 50 staff members who work all across Cornwall to provide care of children ranging from 0-11.
Rachel Jones, who created Fit ‘N’ Fun Kids 13 years ago, said: “The Fit ‘N’ Fun Kids Excellence in Childcare Awards were about celebrating as an organisation, as a team and as individuals the hard work, dedication and commitment everyone at Fit ‘N’ Fun Kids delivers tirelessly every day.
“They are all winners in my eyes, but the lucky 15, who have been voted by staff and parents, should feel very proud of their success.”
The 15 awards winners were:
- Outstanding Apprentice – Katie Stevens
- Nursery Nurse of the Year – Sophie Hawke
- Nursery Assistant of the Year – Chezelle Coggin
- Crèche Manager of the Year – Lynn Grahame (Highly Commended – Hayley Stephens)
- Crèche Assistant of the Year – Marie Martin
- Nursery Manager of the Year (Room Managers) – Aimee Wright (Highly Commended – Lucy Waters)
- Senior Manager of the Year – Victoria Eva
- Employee of the Year – Lynn Grahame
- Parent of the Year Award (voted by staff) – Bridget Turner (Highly Commended – Magenta Haycock, Young Mums Will Achieve)
- Commitment to Parents Award – Danika Cavill (Highly Commended – Marie Martin)
- Outstanding Commitment to Personal Development – Nichola Gill (Highly Commended – Becky Kennedy)
- Personality of the Year – Allana Drennan
- Long Term Employee of the Year (over 7 years) – Sarah Howard-Bush
- Partner of the Year – Rachel Marks
- Fit ‘N’ Fun Kids Winner of Winners Award – Karen Oliver (Highly Commended – Carol Perrin)